Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Okay, so I still don't have many pictures up on the blog, but at least I can get a promised recipe on here, right? I have been turned on to this dip lately and love it! We went to a meet and greet for the new headmaster of Caroline's school a few weeks ago, and tons of yummy hors d'oeuvres were served, this being among my favorite and most addicting! Our neighborhood has a big pig roast(I know, sounds red-neck, but really isn't) every 4th of July, and everyone brings sides to share, so I brought this, and have already had several recipe requests...enjoy!

Ole Miss Rebel Grove Corn Dip(I'm sure it has tons of names, but this is the one I have. Maybe I should rename it to Auburn Tigers Tailgating Corn Dip?)


2 cans corn, drained
1/2 cup salsa
1 cup Ro-tel tomatoes, drained
1 (8-oz.) block cream cheese, whipped
3/4 c. mayonnaise
2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
crushed garlic to taste(optional)

Drain corn and ro-tel, put into mixing bowl. Add salsa and shredded cheddar. Mix cream cheese and mayonnaise, then add to mixture. Mix well and chill for several hours. Serve with Fritos.

1 comment:

Olivia: (mostly) Happy Homemaker said...

Thanks for the recipe! Sounds great!