Thursday, June 26, 2008

Okay, so I'm so far behind on blogging it's not even funny. We got sucked into the black hole of VBS for two weeks in a row and are just now getting out! So much has happened, that I'll just have to do bullets to avoid making this a chapter book :)

--Two weeks of VBS...the kids had a blast, learned a lot, were totally worn out, need I say more?!
--During those two weeks, a total of 4 play dates were arranged around VBS that included 3 spend the night outings for Jack, and 2 for Caroline.
--Tennis lessons are going well for Caroline. I'm so glad she's doing this, although I feel bad that it's from 4-5 in 90 degree afternoon heat! She dislikes forehand, but does well with her backhand and volleying. Two little girls from our neighborhood are in her class, so we are carpool buddies!
--Bobby was installed as a deacon in our church two Sundays ago. Our little church plant got a pastor last October, and now officially has two elders and three deacons. We pray God's blessings upon this body and that He will grow it.
--My mom got a King Charles Cavelier Spaniel puppy two weeks ago. Unfortunately, the breeder was a little shady, and the dog fell ill three days later. Mom took Buddy to the vet, and they did what they could for him, but he didn't make it. She went back to the breeder, who wouldn't give her money back, but offered another dog with an eye infection! Mom refused to take a sick dog, so the breeder then offered another dog that was a few weeks older and more hearty. Mom took this dog, but was disgusted that the breeder had kept this dog in the same kennel as the one with the eye infection! Thankfully, this dog(Buster) seems healthy and is eating like a horse. Caroline and Jack have enjoyed this adopted dog, and beg to go to Gigi's to play with it.
--One funny story from VBS: I had been telling Jack all about VBS and how much fun it was going to be. After picking him up the first day I asked, "Did you enjoy it?" and he said that he did, but complained that they hardly got any time to play. See, this child has never been to VBS before, nor mother's day out or preschool, and our church doesn't have SS, so he's never really been exposed to anything structured, which was part of the reason I thought VBS would be good for him. I assured him it was all fun, they just liked to organize the fun time into different groupings...singing, games, crafts, storytime, etc. So the next day, I go to wake him up, and I'm hurrying him to get ready, saying, "Jack, let's go. You've got to get dressed so we can go to VBS. You're going to have SO much FUN today!" He gives me this puzzled look and says, "You mean, we're going to a different VBS today?" I had to stifle a laugh b/c this is SO his funny little quirky personality. Anyways, after a few days, he got into the swing of things and was having a blast with his friends...thank goodness!

2 comments:

Katherine said...

That is hilarious about Jack & VBS - so cute! Kids crack me up.

e.c. said...

Yeah, too bad I can never remember all the funny things they say through out the day.