Friday, June 06, 2008

Well, it is Friday. And this weekend promises to be fun and full. Mom and I are planning to go to the Franklin Farmer's Market early in the morning to pick out some delicious fruit and veggies....I can't wait! I've heard the lettuce there is incredible and lasts for weeks, but you have to get there very early or it's gone. After that it's off to a lake party that Bobby's boss is throwing somewhere northeast of Nashville. We went last year and the kids (and big kids) had a blast. I say big kids, b/c all the young guys(no, Bobby decided it was time to separate himself from this group!) monopolized the giant blow-up slip 'n slide, in an attempt to show each other up on stupidity :) . Caroline and Jack had a great time in the canoes...I practically had to coax them in! Once we leave there, it's straight to Birmingham to stay with some old friends and attend the baptism of some other friends' fifth child. It will be a quick trip, but we haven't been in a while, and look forward to seeing friends and celebrating this wonderful event.

There is much to be done today, but I'm determined not to be stressed b/c I'm planning to get a lot done, and I'm looking forward to it! As Jack spent the night last night with a friend, and my mom is taking Caroline to the pool this morning(thanks, mom!), I should be pretty productive with only one child underfoot. I'm not the most organized(especially in my brain!), so a list really helps:

--make meal for neighbors who just had a baby(I LOVE doing this for people, although b/c of life and poor planning, it does often end up being stressful and last minute. Thankfully, I planned ahead, plus I'm doing the exact same meal I did last week for someone else, so it should be a no-brainer)
--go to cleaners
--go to Walmart(we're down to 2 diapers!)
--vacuum
--get stamps and mail package
--wrap two gifts
--pack for overnight trip

Also, I hope to (finally) get pictures up next week, and post some recipes I've been enjoying of late. Y'all have a blessed weekend!

5 comments:

Katherine said...

whew! you are MUCH more ambitious than me, pregnant friend. although we were completely out of both diapers & formula, so we made our target run. yes, lucas has been extremely thoughtful lately. i told lucas his cousin ryan was sick, and he said "fruit loops? feel better!" (usually he's a little better at the full sentence.) i told jennifer that, and all she had to say was that ryan would say "that's junk!" since she tells him travis' morning cereal is junk food. ugh. the last few years she'll say stuff like that & it just shuts me down, because i'm trying to be nice and i just don't know what to say when she's that abrupt! so that's my story behind my blog story. 6 weeks to the beach & my favorite friends!! yeah!

Katherine said...

I like the new look!! :)

e.c. said...

Well, my dirty secret is that I never actually accomplish everything on my list, but that doesn't bother me b/c I accomplish way more than I would if I didn't have a list and just went by what popped into my head. So, there were several things that will be put on Monday's list :)

Thanks about the new look. I'm pleased with it. As soon as I figure out how to link to things(yes, I'm terribly ignorant), I will link to my friend, Vanessa's website. We graduated from the same high school, and she lives in the area, so we bump into each other from time to time. Her designs are really cool.

m britt said...

I just go by what pops in my head. The list always feels too scary and overwhelming! (I DO stock up on diapers like a mad woman so I don't run low! :)

e.c. said...

Thanks for the comment, Melanie! Yeah, the list can seem overwhelming, but for some reason I feel less overwhelmed to see measured things on paper as opposed to all these random things floating in my head that I never get done :)