Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Well, we had a great weekend on the Galveston Bay, although unfortunately, Caroline came down with a stomach virus Saturday night(thank goodness it was after she went down the aisle as flower girl!) , so we had to skip the last party on Sunday, and getting home on a plane was interesting to say the least. Let's just say she made use of most of the trash cans in the Houston airport!

But the wedding really was lovely, and it was great to see my friend Cali and her new husband, Chris, her brother Ryan, and her mother Sandy again so soon, as well as to get to visit with Robbie and Lacy(the groom and bride), Beau and LeAnn(Brother and sis-in-law to groom and bride), Jan, and to meet all their extended family. The wedding was at a yacht club on the Galveston Bay...very pretty, and the bride had grown up there. It was more than just a club, more like a community where a lot of the club members live in their own houses on site. So most of the parties and festivities were in houses all along the bay w/in walking distance of the club and all had beautiful pools that overlooked the bay. The food was all so deliciously well- done--classy, with a touch of Texan, and the band at the reception was awesome. The only negative thing I must say, which just made things interesting, is that Houston, and it's surrounding areas, therefore, Kemah, has got to be THE most miserably hot place I've ever been in my life. Now, I like hot weather, and I grew up in a hot place, and I've been in really humid places before, but Kemah, has the deadly combination of being both hot and humid, so much so that as soon as you step outside, you're not sure you can make it!

I have to share one thing from the ride home from the airport. Jack said(or this is what it sounded like to me and my mom), "Mama, I know that some people are junk." I said, "What?! People are what?!" "Junk, mama, Junk!" "What?! What are you saying son?" I try again. "Junk, you know, have too much to drink!" "Oh, you mean drunk!" "Yes, that's what I said." Evidently, some of the wedding guests must have made an impression on him!

3 comments:

piklpaper said...

that's hilarious! i remember how miserable the hot and humid summers were near houston where i grew up...i'm sure that's not even close to galveston! glad you guys had a great time but sorry to hear about caroline - she's a trooper!

Katherine said...

ha! i love jack's comment. lucas said the other day when i told him his cousin was sick that he needed fruit loops to get better. jack seems he's gettin' wise in his old years! :) SO SORRY caroline was sick. and i haven't even started shopping for bdays. or planning. tim's is in 1 week - is that bad???

e.c. said...

wp-I think Galveston is 45 minutes from Houston. Houston is hot and humid, but I think even more so right along the bay where we were. No wonder every house had a swimming pool! Although they all seemed to have problems with air-conditioning and refrigeration! Non of the drinks were cold enough, and even the airport was hot...I've never been in an airport that wasn't freezing!
kat--just wait 'till you have more kids. Our friends with seven start planning parties two days before...I don't know if they forget until then, or that's just the soonest they can get to it. And I'm one to talk...speaking of b-days, I have a gift to mail for Jack/Jackson's 1st b-day...you know, the b-day gift that's really a baby gift? Yeah, well, it's on my to-do list today(not just in my mind!), so it's happening, baby!